HowTo - Installation of Talend Big Data on Debian Server

One Star

HowTo - Installation of Talend Big Data on Debian Server

Hi all,
I have to install Talend Open Studio for Big Data on Debian Linux Server. All tutorials and instructions that I found so far does not include the step how to access Talend application when we start it. 
Following I did:
1. Installed Oracle JDK 7 and specified JAVA_HOME var and put it in Path var
2. Downloaded and unziped TOS_BD-20141024_1545-V5.6.0.zip 
3. Downloaded and unziped xulrunner-1.9.2.28pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
4. Put the path to xulrunner in Talend ini file.
and now I have to start it using ./TOS_BD-linux-gtk-x86.sh script.
After I started I see following exception:
JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_72-b14) (build 1.7.0_72-b14)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.72-b04 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C    gdk_window_enable_synchronized_configure 0xe
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
I found some suggestions on the link
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32834
but it does not work for me.
But my main question is after we succeeded to start it using sh script how we can access application, via some URL or how?
Also how we can stop Talend application on Debian Server, is there any script to do that?
Thanks in advance...
Seventeen Stars

Re: HowTo - Installation of Talend Big Data on Debian Server

hi,
To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

did you try that advice ?
on (some) linux OS, you got a limit about maximum files that can be open (in same time)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21515463/how-to-increase-maximum-file-open-limit-ulimit-in-ubunt...
it should solved your problem I guess Smiley Wink
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi all,
I an new to Talend so could someone help me with understanding the things a little. 
1. Only web based application is Talend Administration Center and there is no free version, am I right? Other modules like Talend Open Studio... are all desktop applications?
2. We are able to connect Talend Administration Center with our Talend desktop applications, but why we want to do it?
3. If we want to create Talend Job and run it from Java web application we can use Talend Open Studio, build the job there (which will produce zip file with jar files inside) to include that jar files in my Java web application build path and build java web application. After java web application is started it can call Talend job (which is part of my Java web application now) and we don't need Talend Open Studio to run at all in that point?
Thanks
Highlighted
Seventeen Stars

hi,
1. talend administration center is only in Enterprise version (not free)
2. ?
3. have a look at :
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Calling+a+Talend+Job+from+an+external+Java+application&cont...
regards
laurent