How to write error log to file

Highlighted
Six Stars

How to write error log to file

Hi,

I want to write error log from my job insert data to mysql db. I have got error log on talend console  and i want write it to file, like picture below :5.PNG

How to write that error log to file?

Thanks.

Seven Stars

Re: How to write error log to file

HELLO,

Error logging at the project level
This section explains how to set logging at the project level.
Navigate to File > Edit project settings > Job settings.
Select the check box below Stats and Logs to enable the logging at the project level.
If logging at the project level is enabled, every new Job created inherits the settings.

Configure the output of your logs by choosing one of the options below.
Error logging in the console
This section explains how to configure your project to display the logs in the console.
Navigate to Job settings > Stats & Logs.
Select the check box to the left of On Console.
These logs are not captured anywhere and are overwritten every time you run a Job.

Error logging in a file
This section explains how to capture the logs in files.

Capturing the logs in files is a better option, because you can use the log to see details about the stats, logs and even meter/data flow. If project level logging is enabled, you do not need to separately configure components such as tLogCatcher, tFlowMeter and tStatCatcher.

Select the check box to the left of On File.
Although the screen shows static file names, they can be modified by appending a timestamp to their name. This way, you have a different log file for each timestamp. Otherwise, it would append the same file for every execution.

Warm Regards,error_logging_in_talend_studio_04.pngdownload (2).pngdownload (1).pngdownload.png
Manish Suryawanshi,

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Six Stars

Re: How to write error log to file

Hi @vitspltalend,

I have been following your suggestion, but still can not get log from talend console. This is my configuration :

6.PNG

This is picture  where file have been created from my talend config. Just one file have been created and error log from console still have not captured.7.PNGThanks.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog

Talend Studio Improvements for API Services

Take a look at the Talend Studio improvements for API Services

Watch Now

Data Integration Success Stories

Take a look at some Data Integration success stories