How to use the conditions in an excel file to change the records in another excel file

Four Stars

How to use the conditions in an excel file to change the records in another excel file

Hello, 

I'm very new to Talend and don't know how to do a job.

I have an excel file with records that are types of incomes of the employees (therefore no unique employees as one can have 2,3... types of income).

Also have a mapping file that give me a code for certain variables in the other file.

To give an example : employee 0001 has 3 types of income - main salary, car allowance and kid allowance.

In the mapping file there is the rule saying that if one employee has car allowance and kid allowance the main salary should have Type=003.

So how can I go through the records in the mapping file and relate to the employees records in the main file?

Much appreciated!

Anca

Re: How to use the conditions in an excel file to change the records in another excel file

Hi Anca,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values? Which will helpful for us to understand your requirement very well.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: How to use the conditions in an excel file to change the records in another excel file

Hi Sabrina, 

Thank you very much for your support. I tried to summarize the process into one file (I receive several files but i merge them into one bigger file for easier handling).

So, in the example.xlsx there are 3 sheets. input sheet is the data that I receive from the client. Output is the data that I need after applying the rules stated in the Mapping table sheet.

To explain the mapping sheet : Column J in mapping reffers to Column G in Input. Basically, I receive some rules that come in the Mapping table sheet that say when X column has 'abc' then Y column must have 'xyz'.

So, line 5 says : when New LA(LA in input) = 611300 and SFN=202 everything else remains the same, except for the EintrittsDatum that has to be blank(V5= '-').

Line 6: when New LA=612100, SFN=205, I must have Tariff group=AZB and Tariffe Stuff=NRW

Line 7: when New LA=614100, SFN=211, I must have Amount=blank and EintrittsDatum=blank.

Please let me know if I was clear enough and thank you very much for the support offered.

Best, 

Anca