One Star

How to use tSqoopImport component?

Hi,
I do not understand how to use this component. Unfortunately, there is also no "related scenario" in the documentation yet.
I thought I can use tSqoopImport as first component of a job, and then connect it to tLogRow or tHDFSOutput? However, both is not possible. A tXmlMap in the middle (what you use for WebServices) also does not make any sense. Therefore, I wonder how to use the tSqoopImport component?
Thank for help...
Best regards,
Kai
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How to use tSqoopImport component?

Hi megachucky
There is a test job for this component in Jira issue:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-13499
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: How to use tSqoopImport component?

Hi Shong,
I am using

Talend Platform for Data Services with Big Data
Version: 5.6.1
Build id: 20141207_1530.

While using Tsqoopimport component with Teradata as a source database and by setting hive.import property to "true" in advance properties . I am getting below error:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/cli/CliSessionState
at com.teradata.connector.common.tool.ConfigurationMappingUtils.importConfigurationMapping(ConfigurationMappingUtils.java:290)
at org.apache.sqoop.teradata.TeradataSqoopImportHelper.runJob(TeradataSqoopImportHelper.java:360)
at org.apache.sqoop.teradata.TeradataConnManager.importQuery(TeradataConnManager.java:529)

at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:415)

at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:502)

at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)

at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)

at uhc_pi.poc_ns_sqoopimport_0_1.POC_NS_SqoopImport.tSqoopImport_3Process(POC_NS_SqoopImport.java:1022)

at uhc_pi.poc_ns_sqoopimport_0_1.POC_NS_SqoopImport.tHiveConnection_2Process(POC_NS_SqoopImport.java:621)

at uhc_pi.poc_ns_sqoopimport_0_1.POC_NS_SqoopImport.tLibraryLoad_2Process(POC_NS_SqoopImport.java:1375) "

Uploaded the screenshot of advance setting tab.
If I remove hive.import line everything is working.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Nilendra