One Star

How to use tMSSqlBulkExec to load to a SQLServer DB from a linux file

Hi,
My Talend Job is on Linux machine, and i have a file to bulk load to the SQL Server DB (hosted on a Windows machine). I use tMSSqlBulkExec component to bulk load the file from Linux OS to the SQLServer DB and i get an error "Operating System Error. The System cannot find the path specified: '/home/BulkLoad.csv'"
I moved the file to Windows machine where SQLServer is present and in the tMSSqlBulkExec component gave the Windows location , the bulk load happend fine.
Now, the Talend Job is on Linux, so how do i bulk load the file present at Linux machine to the SQLServer DB.
Thanks,
Diwakar
3 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Re: How to use tMSSqlBulkExec to load to a SQLServer DB from a linux file

As you've found the file has to be "visible" to SQL Server so I believe you need to have the Linux location mapped to a drive letter on the SQL Server machine so you can use that for the tMSSqlBulkExec file location. Otherwise, you will have to move the file to the SQL Server machine.
One Star

Hi ,
we are also facing the same issue.Can anyone suggest a solution for this issue
Six Stars

The bulk file must be available from sql server istance. You can use local folder or remote folder (with UNC path).
Possibile solution:
A - share a folder on talend machine, put file here, send bulk load command with UNC path to this remote folder
B - share a folder on sql server machine, put file there, send bulk load command with path to that local folder
C - use a remote folder on a third machine :rolleyes: .... mix A -B solution.....

I suggest B, problaly easier than A.
bye