How to use tFileList and tFileInputDelimited together.

One Star

How to use tFileList and tFileInputDelimited together.

I want to use tFileList component to find the bunch of files first then iterate and create tFileInputDelimited components and process them to tMysqlOutput via tMap. Any body please help me in providing good example or better approach to do that?. I can able to use it with tFileInputDelimited to tMysqlOutput but not with tFileList.
Thanks in advance
Narasimha
One Star

Re: How to use tFileList and tFileInputDelimited together.

Hi Narasimha,
you can just do it like you wrote it:
tFileList -iterate-> tFileInputDelimited -main-> tMap -main-> tMySqlOutput.
To get the file name and path for the tFileInputDelimited component use Ctrl-Space.
If you need more information please provide us information about your generation language, program version and "business case".
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi Volker
Thanks a lot for reply. Already I did first step as you mentioned in initial step. But I couldn't able to understand Ctrl-Space where I have to do?. Could you explain me how I can pass filenames from tFileList to tFileInputDelimited component. tFileInputDelimited component only looking the file name where I have to key in the path in component properties.
Thanks
Narasimha
One Star

Hello,
tFileList_1 ----iterate-----> tFileInputDelimited
In "File name" field of tFileInputDelimited when you press Ctrl-space you'll get a list of variables, select "tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"
Don't forget to specify the filepath.
In "File name" field you should have something like that :
"c:\myfiles\"+ ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))
José
One Star

Hi Narasimha,
take a look on the picture.
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi Volker
Thanks alot for the picture. I was diverted to some other high priority stuff at work and now back to this task. You picture clarified my concerns. Now I am struggling next steps which are validating the content of the files. How can we do custom validation?. Do I need to write my own java or groovy components or are there any readily available components for validation. I would be very great full to you if you throw some pointers.
Thanks
Narasimha