Six Stars

How to use multiple tmysqlconnection to JOBs

I have a job where I use one tmysqlconnection  for source and different connection for target.

source_table(local db table)--------->tfilterrow---------->target_table( other db server table)

How do I manage my connection in this scenario. Without hard coding the target table db connection , how do provide a tmysqlconnection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: How to use multiple tmysqlconnection to JOBs

You don't have to connect both components. In tMysqlOutpout, just tick the option "use an existing connection" then select the appropriate one in the list.

TRF
5 REPLIES
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Hi,

You may have as many tMyssqlConnection components as you need.

So, 1 for the input table (as you have now) and an other for the target table.

However, tMyssqlConnection make sense in 2 cases:

- you have more than 1 component connected to the same db with the same account

- you want to open all the connections when the job starts to be sure everything is ok with that connections before to continue with the process

So, for a simple design as in your example, it is not mandatory to use tMyssqlConnection component (even in my opinion this is a good practice).

Hope this helps.

TRF
Six Stars

Thanks. But I have 10 tables to load from local to target. I use a single connection for all 10 tables. I need same thing for all target tables too. that's where the problem is! I dont want to hard code on each table for the conn details. can I just create a conn for target? but this is not happening as the target table is output.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Don't really understand your last sentence.

Doesn't matter, definitively you can reuse the same connection for any tMysqlOutput component as soon as you don't use them at the same time (in parallel).

TRF
Six Stars

Basically,  when I am trying to provide a connection string to the tmysqloutput ( right click on tmysqlconnection > trigger > on component ok) this step not happening in designer view , not able to point.

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

You don't have to connect both components. In tMysqlOutpout, just tick the option "use an existing connection" then select the appropriate one in the list.

TRF