How to upload shared context variables

Highlighted

How to upload shared context variables

I'm trying out the integration cloud and built a standard job in the studio.  I've published the job to the cloud but it doesn't seem to publish the context from the shared repository.  I get a null pointer when trying to access those context variables.
How do we upload a shared context repository?
Thanks
Chris

Community Manager

Re: How to upload shared context variables

Hello Chris
Sorry for the delayed response. Where do you access the context variables? In another job?
Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Re: How to upload shared context variables

Your solution architect informed me that there is a specific naming convention.  Apparently shared contexts are connections so you have to have "connection_contextgroupname_variable".  so if you have a context group called sfdc and fields username, password, you have to create it like "connection_sfdc_username" and "connection_sfdc_password" in your studio job.  Then in TIC, you have to create a connection with sfdc as the name and the variables are "username" and "password".  And if you want to use local job contexts, they have to be "parameter_variable" in your studio job and will show up as "variable" in TIC.  Quite specific for it to work.

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.