How to transform EBCDIC file in Talend Open Studio

One Star

How to transform EBCDIC file in Talend Open Studio

Hello,
I have an EBCDIC file and its corresponding copybook. I created the xc2j file using cobol2j.
Now when I try to use the tFileInputEBCDIC component, it asks to specify the schema of data even though the input file and xc2j file is provided. I read an example of EBCDIC file where it was mentioned that in the Enterprise edition there is a wizard which creates the schema automatically with copybook/ xc2j as input.
Can someone provide an example of how to specify the schema manually in the Open studio edition. Thanks!

Re: How to transform EBCDIC file in Talend Open Studio

Hi,
Did you see the online component reference TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputEBCDIC for community version.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply. I did see this specification, but I cannot find any example of setting the "Schema" property of the component. The Talend Component Reference Guide has an example for EBCDIC component but that mentions a copybook connection creating wizard which is present only in Talend Enterprise edition. I am looking for some pointers/ example for setting up schema property manually in the TOS edition.
Could you please help.

Hi,
For community version, you should know the schema structure Data Pattern,original length, length, etc..(Xc2j file) and set it by manual.
See my pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Six Stars

I tried to run the job using tInputEBCDIC component.
I get below error, Not sure what setting is missing

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi stamrake,
When you get some compile errors, please check your "Code" tab in your job. There will be your compile error highlighted in red line.
Best regards
Sabrina
--