Four Stars

How to transfer PGP encrypted files

Hey guys,

I am using the talend tFTPPut component to transfer files to a FTP server. (Data Integration tool)

It works perfectly for text files, whereas it does not post the PGP encrypted files. I want to know if the component supports transferring .pgp files or it only transfers text files. And if that's the case, is there any other component which I can use to get this job done?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: How to transfer PGP encrypted files

It works for PGP files too.
What the error file your getting?
Check if you r picking correct filename, because file name changes after PGP encryption.
5 REPLIES
Five Stars

It works for PGP files too.
What the error file your getting?
Check if you r picking correct filename, because file name changes after PGP encryption.
Four Stars

Hi Chirgal,

Thanks for your help. I am not getting any error. The job completes without doing anything when I specify to post a pgp file.

I have text files and pgp encrypted files in a folder and I tried posting everything in that folder without specifying any filemask, then it just posted the text file, but not the pgp file. 

Five Stars

Try using filemask for both files, with 'Die on error' option checked. It can help by throwing error message.
Five Stars

It would be helpful for others, if you post here, what was the issue or being missed?
Four Stars

My PGP tool saves the file as *.TXT.PGP and I was not providing the right filemask for the file to be picked. It works when I specify the value as .pgp.