How to speedup the execution for tDBInput

Four Stars

How to speedup the execution for tDBInput

Hi,

I have a job that extracts result from DB query and put in tFileDelimetedOutput component. The problem here is query results in more than 2Lakh+ records and it's taking more than 1 and half hour to execute.

Is there any possibility to speedup the execution?

Thanks,

Suneel.

Employee

Re: How to speedup the execution for tDBInput

@Suneel

Could you please refer the below link which contains answer to similar query? 

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Using-tdbinput-component-oracle-input-query-a...

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Employee

@Suneel - Did it help to resolve your query?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Seven Stars

Hello,

2 options.

1) Try using optimizer hint on select query as it use the optimal execution plan or you can create index on the table.

2) Under Advance Setting Check Use Cursor checkbox.

Regards

Ganshyam Patel

Employee

@Ganshyam - I would not recommend the usage of optimizer hint to force a DB like Oracle to fine tune performance.

I agree with other two recommendations. From Oracle 10g onwards, Oracle DB is suggesting not to use optimizer hints unless required as Oracle optimizer is intelligent to select the best plan. I would suggest to check the Oracle ADDM report to see performance recommendations  from Oracle database itself.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.