One Star

How to setup Charset in Access Connection

Hi everyone !
I'm trying to send some informations from a Dutch database with containt specials char like ä in the SalesForce cloud.
But all my specials chars arrived like '?'.
As I sow on the trace window the output from Access isn't correct as I get the '?' for all specials chars, I was looking for some encoding option on the compoment but did'nt find nothing.
Can anybody help me with this ?..
thanks !
9 REPLIES
One Star

Re: How to setup Charset in Access Connection

I forgot to mention that the databases is MS Access.
One Star

Have you checked the character set you are using on the components.
One Star

I use the tAccessInput component and I dont have any Character Set option available ..?
One Star

I cannot find any Options on Talend to specify the Charset or Character Set.
Can anybody know where I can find it, should I need to write something in java for this ?
Thx a lot for helping, regards;
Philippe.
One Star

Hi
This post http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=25797 from 2010 seen to refere to the same problem
So there is no issue on that point, should I add a bug ?
One Star

I am getting the below error. I am using the windows 7 and in my laptop i am having 4 GB RAM. Please find the screen shot of the error
An internal error occurred during: "Generation Engine Initialization in progress...".
java.lang.NullPointerException
One Star

I did two tests : First duplicate the dbImput code in a Tjava component and force the ISO-8859-15 encoding in the connection : Returns caracters was Good (no more '?' accent and special char are OK!).
So I went to XML property files of dbImput and activate the Encoding Var (it was hidden)
I put ISO-8859-15 (that's was default option, but just in case...) ... No change, seens that this Var is not consider by Talend... That should be a bug ?! Right ?
One Star

Hi!
I face exactly the same problem.
I load data from a SalesForce like db and put it in a SQL Server, using dbInput component. Special characters are displayed as "?" in SQL server. Can't figure out where to set the character type in Talend.
I should mention everything was working fine a few days ago, until I update my Talend version from 4 to 5...
Thanks for your help!
Employee

remove the -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 from the ini file, restart the studio, then you can get the same value as you did before.