One Star

How to set up Joblet?

I am trying to set up a joblet to try and reduce some repeated sections of a number of jobs.
For example, in "sample_job_1" (that is just a partial from the full job) I have the subjob that does its thing and then saves the final status to an audit table in a database.
It is that second part that I would like to move to a joblet, but have not been able to figure out how to do so. When I create the joblet and add it to the main job, it will not allow anything to connect to it.
Is this not the right way to go about it?
6 REPLIES

Re: How to set up Joblet?

Hi,
Have you check document about TalendHelpCenterSmiley Very Happyesigning a Joblet?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Dan,
A Joblet in a Main Job can be connected using a "ROW" link or a "TRIGGER" link. Accordingly, you need to use "INPUT" component in the Joblet to be able to communicate (recieve) with the main job.
Probably, you might have missed an appropriate "INPUT" component in the Joblet.
Let me know, if thats not the case.
Hope this helps.Smiley Happy
MathurM
One Star

it looks like my screenshots did not "take" on my original post - probably did it wrong. Trying again here ..
I do have an INPUT component, and the joblet looks OK, but just that I cannot connect anything to it.

Hi,
The screenshots fail to upload. Could you please check it?
Did you want to use a joblet in the beginning of a job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I believe a screenshot of the main job would really help understand things better.
Because, as Sabrina queried above, if you're planning to use ur joblet in the beginning of the main job, then you would rather need an appropriate OUTPUT component in ur joblet to propagate the flow in your main job.

Hi Dan Livingston,

Is there any update for your issue? Feel free to post  your issue here.
Best regards
Sabrina
--