How to set the number of mappers in Talend

Seven Stars

How to set the number of mappers in Talend

Hi,
I'm setting the number of mappers in big data batch using specific JVM arguments. by passing this parameter "-Dmapred.map.tasks=200".
When calling this big data job from standard job, the number of mappers running are shown as "2".
Is there a way to set the number of mappers in my scenario?
I'm retrieving data from Hbase table BTW.
Thanks

Re: How to set the number of mappers in Talend

Hi,
Have you tried to set this when launching the jobs with the "hadoop" command to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,
Have you tried to set this when launching the jobs with the "hadoop" command to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina

I'm running my job from TAC. So before loading my job in to talend console i have set the desirable mappers while designing my application itself. Is there any way to increase the nmuber of mappers.
Twelve Stars

The default number of map tasks per job. Ignored when mapred.job.tracker is "local".
and because:
Resolved it, TAC and local server were on the same cluster.
Added this property in JVM parameters:
-Djava.security.auth.login.config =/opt/mapr/conf/mapr.login.conf

default value - exactly 2
-----------
Seven Stars

So how can we increase the number of mappers?
Seven Stars

Hi,
Best regards
Sabrina

Any findings on how to increase the mappers in my mapreduce job in big data batch? I have added 
-Dmapred.map.tasks=200
  -Dmapred.reduce.tasks=50.
But no effect. I cannot rise a ticket for product support for this small issue.