How to send POST request via HTTPS

One Star

How to send POST request via HTTPS

Hi,
I'm trying to access an HTTPS web page which needs some POST parameters in order to download a generated file.
HTTPS connection requires authentication, and it throws a certificate warning which can be ignored.
I tried using tHttpRequest but it fails on HandShake, so I added tJava component so that it ignores certificate:
System.setProperty ("jsse.enableSNIExtension", "false");
javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultHostnameVerifier(
new javax.net.ssl.HostnameVerifier(){

public boolean verify(String hostname,
javax.net.ssl.SSLSession sslSession) {
if (hostname.equals("mydomain")) {
return true;
}
return false;
}
});

Even after I ignore certificate I get following error:
Exception in component tHttpRequest_1
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

Any ideas about how to stablish proper HTTPS connection?
I also read about tWebDavGet but it doesn't fit my needs since it doesn't let you specify POST parameters.
Any help will be appreciated!
Community Manager

Re: How to send POST request via HTTPS

Hi Jcoves
Have a try to use tFileFetch component which supports HTTPS connections, you can set authentication in the advanced settings panel of component.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I finally managed to authenticate throuh both tFileFetch and tHttpRequest by passing parameters to the login page. After that I receive an HTML file which claims user is properly authenticated.
Even though i managed to authenticate, when I execute second step (which would be donwloading file) authentication is lost. It seems to me, first component autheticates properly and closes connection, doesn't retain authentication when second component executes. I would need a component which authenticates first and immediately after sends request to download file.
Is there any way to retain HTTPs login (via cookie?) or to execute both operations (authentication + post call to download file) in a single component?
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi
Is there any way to retain HTTPs login (via cookie?) or to execute both operations (authentication + post call to download file) in a single component?

How do you set the URI of tFileFetch component? To me, tFileFetch component creates the HTTPS connection and then download the specified file.
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your answer. In my case, "needs authentication" check doesn't authenticate properly so I must point at LOGIN form page and send both username and password to sucessfully log in. Therefore, I only can execute one action which is login, trying to download file would be a second step.
Thanks
One Star

Hi all,
I have the same kind of issue :
1. TFileFetch_1 to POST user & password and getting a cookie : OK
2. TFileFetch_2 to GET another page in connecting mode with reading the former cookie : OK ... but NOK
I have no error so far, but the 2nd page still provides a "You are not connected." message.
For the 1st one, when using the form to authenticate, I'm redirect to the index page with the no-connect message. But i checked that the cookie still contains the right SESSION_ID, a valid one.
The TFileFetch_1 has redirect option checked.
I'm just wondering if the cookie is really sent along the GET HTTP request.
TOS 5.2.1
Here is the answer-console message (checked option) :
connecting to socket on port 4049
connected
Status Line: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
*** Response Header ***
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:25:20 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.10
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Connection: Keep-Alive
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=<<xxxxx>>; path=/
Status Line: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
*** Response Header ***
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:25:21 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.10
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Connection: Keep-Alive
disconnected

Thanks for your help and ideas/leads !
Benet
Community Manager

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your answer. In my case, "needs authentication" check doesn't authenticate properly so I must point at LOGIN form page and send both username and password to sucessfully log in. Therefore, I only can execute one action which is login, trying to download file would be a second step.
Thanks

In the first tFileFetch, check the 'save cookie' option and input a file path to save the cookie, and check the 'read cookie' on the second tFileFetch component that will download file.
Shong