One Star

How to run (and export) multiple jobs at same endpoint?

Hi,
I'm using Talend Open Studio for ESB v5.0.0 RC3. I'd like to to run multiple jobs (implementations of multiple operations of the same service) at the same time. The error I get when launching the second one is that the destination port is already in use, which is totally clear. How can I achieve that?
The next question at that topic is: How can I export multiple of those jobs? Currently, in the export dialog, it says that exporting multiple items is not supported at the moment. Since the jobs belong to the same service, this is just what I want to do. Any ideas on that one?
Thanks for your help!
S. List
10 REPLIES
Employee

Re: How to run (and export) multiple jobs at same endpoint?

Hello,
You need to export Service as a whole, just right click on the service you would like to export, and select 'Export Service'. Export will give you a KAR file which is an Karaf OSGi bundle archive with all jobs that implement all operations of the given service. You just need to put this KAR file into 'container/deploy' directory of Talend ESB runtime and your service will start.
When service is deployed to runtime you can access all operations of the service.
On this screencast you can see how it is done: http://www.screenr.com/IGns

Renat
One Star

Hi Renat,
thanks for that fast reply! Maybe the UI could be a bit more intuitive at that point ;-)
Is there a way to run those jobs directly in the testing environment (=IDE) in parallel?
BR
S.List
Employee

Hi S.List,
For 5.0 there is no possibility to run service with all of it's operations from Studio because each operation is represented as separate job and each job is by default executed in it's own standalone JVM.
We are thinking about embedding runtime into the Studio so that running services represented by multiple jobs would be simpler. Would it be helpful in your case?
Renat
One Star

Hi Renat,
yes, that would be helpful since a job may call another one. Testing in this case is only possible after exporting the service, which is of course possible but not as convenient as the other possibility. ;-)
But for the moment, it works. Thanks!
BR
S.List
One Star

hi,
Urgent help please
I have 7 jobs that read the data from a 7csv file and inserts them to seven tables in MySQL database
now i am running each job to update the values in the database so finally i had to run 7 jobs to update the database
is there a way to create a job that will trigger all the seven jobs making it more automated?
i.e with the help of running a single job that will internally call all the seven jobs this will reduce the manual process of running all the seven jobs individually.

Thanks
Caba
One Star

hi i am using TOS_DI-r95165-V5.2.1 talend versio
Community Manager

Hi Cabajones,
You should ask your question in the relevant forum (in your case Talend Open Studio for Data Integration would be better than this one which is dedicated to Talend Open Studio for ESB)
And you should also open a new thread/topic rather than hacking this one.
The visibility of your question would be greatly improved if you post in the right place.
Elisa
One Star

Hi, 
How i can run 2 different jobs in sequence?
or which component to be use for do the same?
scenario - i have a job which sourcing data from oracle and loading the notnull data in 1 table and nullable data in another table .
that another table which has  null values to be updated is defined in another job.  these 2 jobs has to be run at a time .
How i can  implement that in 1 shot??????
plz let me know....

Hi Shri_Kul1,
Have you tried to use option 'Multi-thread exectuion' by which the different subjobs in the main job will execute parallel rather than one by one.
To capture the job statistics information, you can use tStatCatcher component in each job, there is a field on this component counts the job start date and end date.
This option is available in Talend Open Source.
In addition, the component tParallelize allows you to run subjobs parallel and synchronizes the execution of a subjob with other sub-jobs within the main Job.
TalendHelpCenter:tParallelize is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version.

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star