How to retrieve schema in dynamoDB connection?

Four Stars

How to retrieve schema in dynamoDB connection?

Established DynamoDB connection from Talend BigData tool using General JDBC. Installed DynamoDB driver jar. Connection got established. But, unable to retrieve schema.

When trying to retrieve schema,no tables are displayed. Please help.

Thanks,

Sree Laxmi.CN

Community Manager

Re: How to retrieve schema in dynamoDB connection?

Hi sreelaxmich
To be honest, we have never test this, I think the General JDBC is not suitable for this kind of NoSQL database such as DynamoDB, Talend already has DynamoDB connectors, are you to read DynamoDB tables with tDynamoDBinput component?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi Shong,

Thanks for your response.

Yes.I need to read DynamoDB tables.

When tried to get DB connections from Metadata -> DB connections , we don't have an option there to select "DynamoDB" in DB type. So tried with a solution of General JDBC option and drivers. How so ever, my requirement is to read tables fro dynamoDB. 

Regards,

Sree Laxmi.C.N

Community Manager

This should be a new feature, add DynamoDB to the DB type list under NoSql Connections. For now, try to use the tDynamoDBInput to read tables from DynamoDB and let me know if you meet any issues.

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi shong,

Thanks for your reply. Tried as you suggested. Now am able to connect to dynamoDB, read and write the data.

I required to retrieve data based on key and attributes from dynamoDB. triyind with scan and query. Can you please suggest .

Regards,

Sree Laxmi.CN