One Star

How to redirect all output of my console to a file ?

Hi everyone , 
Someon can help me plz , I need to redirect all output of my console ( create by Sys.output from tJava) to a file at the end of my process.
I want to see the log in my console too.
Is it possible ?
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: How to redirect all output of my console to a file ?

Hi,
You can achieve this by goin to the job properties and in Stats&logs section, define the file output path.
Hope this helps!!
Let me know if you need any more info on this.
Thanks,
Subarna
Fifteen Stars

You can't do this by editing Talend config I'm afraid. But you can do this with a little Java code in a tJava component at the beginning of your Job.
Below is a bit of code I use to send the output to a file called output.txt on my e: drive
java.io.File outputFile = new java.io.File("e:/output.txt");
System.setOut(new java.io.PrintStream(new java.io.FileOutputStream(outputFile, true), true));
Rilhia Solutions

Hi,
Here is a custom component tRedirectOutput which redirect the log message printed on the console to a log file, and then read the header information from the log file and extract the session id.
Please see the related forum:http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Deployment/resolved-save-output-in-run-window-to-txt-file/m-p/8414...
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi everybody ,
 @xdshi , It appears that the componement not compatible with TOS 5.6
@subarna3103 I did it  before post my squestion, but not work for me.

Hi,
Have you tried this code in tJava?
java.io.File file = new java.io.File("/temp/mylogfile_test.txt");

java.io.PrintStream ps = new java.io.PrintStream(new java.io.FileOutputStream(file));
System.setOut(ps);

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi  xdshi
Yes I used this code , but the problem it's that i have the log in myfile but i can't see it in console.
there is'nt solution include log in file + log on console ?
One Star

EDIT :  OH! try to use  System.out.println