One Star

How to recover the .item, .properties, .screenshot from java code

Hi,
I have a talend job java class in my workspace. Its .item, .properties, .screenshot files are missing somehow. Now this job is not opening in talend studio. I want to open this job in talend studio. Any help will be appericiatable.
3 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Re: How to recover the .item, .properties, .screenshot from java code

How have these files been lost? Somebody must have either deleted them or you are maybe looking in the wrong location. By default, the files will be in the following location...
\Studio\workspace\LOCAL_PROJECT\process
LOCAL_PROJECT being your project name. You can try and carry out an undelete on whatever system you are using.
The other thing to try is to check the Talend deleted folder. Sometimes you can quite easily delete jobs by mistake through the Studio.
Rilhia Solutions
One Star

When any job is created, upon building the job , a zip file is exported, which contains java src code file and .item, .properties, .screenshot files along with.
The job was created long back and being used in production and the person who created the job, has committed the java file in the repository but not the .item, .properties, .screenshot files.
His system is also formatted. So these files cannot be searched any where.
Now all we have is java src code file of the job. Is there any way that i can import the job in talend studio
Fifteen Stars

Basically no. You can use it as a "crib" if you can read Java and know Talend well enough. But that will still mean you have to recreate it. The .properties, item and .screenshot files are the most important files you are working with when working with Talend. If you lose them, there really isn't anything you can do as a quick fix.
Rilhia Solutions