Five Stars

How to read/write the excel having fixed format

Hi,

I have a use case that I need to generate the same excel sheet with the proper data to the different user.

ie,.

Name EMP_ID 
DOB Current DATE 

Product codeProduct TypeTotal ProductsEligible Products
P001xxx 1500
yyy 155
uuu  
nnn 200
mmm 500
P002aaa 12332
bbb  ----
ccc  ----
ddd  ----
fff  -----
ggg  -----
jjj  -----
yyy  -----

This is my excel sheet I should update this sheet according to the user transaction in the total products column and send this sheet to user .i am confused ..how to read such kind of excel sheet and update that sheet.

Any suggestions! please help.

Thanks in Advance.

4 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: How to read/write the excel having fixed format

please find  this excel sheet above one is showing incorrect

Nine Stars

I dont have a real solution, but some thoughts on how to get the results you want.
In Excel you create a worksheet with a pivot table which points to the worksheet which contains the actual data. This file is your template, append the data... the user simply refreshes.
No idea of this could work or is possible...

From a process point of view why aren't they connecting to a data(view) / source to do it by themselves in Excel in stead of this "planning for failure" option?!

Five Stars

Hi Dijke,

Thanks for your reply ...but a not getting the idea u told..if possible can u please elaborate.

Thanks ...

Nine Stars

- Pivot tables in Excel? and writing the table data to a new Excel sheet in an existing template xlsx file?
or
- Users connect to a database(view) via ODBC and import the data in an Excel-file (a template like above)

If you arent familar with ODBC, Excel, pivot tables please google a bit. plenty of info...