Four Stars

How to process the data save in SQL DB from tRestClient on Talend Open Studio for Big Data

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to everithing here Talend,Talend community,Rest,JSON,XML. 

Having said that, I needed to pull data from Zoho CRM using reporting API. 

I found a way to do it using tRestClient (data fetch working perfectly fine). Below is the screenshot of the job. 

But I am facing issue in saving this data into a table in MySQL DB. 

Need help in understanding which components I should use to bring data into a format that I can save into DB table. 

Also attached the data sheet I received after running the above job. 

csv_output.PNGcsv output configurationcsv_output_1.pngrest_client.pngtrestclient configuration

Thanks in advance...!!

5 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: How to process the data save in SQL DB from tRestClient on Talend Open Studio for Big Data

Hi,

To modify data in specific format you can use tMap or any other component based on your requirement. You can use tMysqlOutput to process data to DB.

tRest.PNG

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Four Stars

Re: How to process the data save in SQL DB from tRestClient on Talend Open Studio for Big Data

@vboppudi

Thanks for the quick reply, but data is not as simple as it should be. 

If you look at the data sheet I have attached you will understand that, it may not be possible to directly use tmap and save it. 

When you look at the data sheet if you still think its possible to identify the columns and rows then please share bit more details on how to do it. 

Thanks

Nine Stars

Hi,

Do you have sample data returned from tRestclient?

If yes please provide that return data and expected data to be loaded in DB. 

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Four Stars

Hi Veeranjaneyulu,

I had replied you y'day but its not appearing here. So am replying again. 

I have attached the output from tRestClient. 

Also below is the out I want to save it. Am showing here only 4 columns as sample. But there are more columns in attached file. 

Thanks Again Smiley Happy

Nine Stars

Hi,

Are you looking to read CSV file record by record and split record into different attributes then apply business logic for each attribute. Then load records to target DB table?

If yes please find the approach below.

tRest1.PNG

Here you need to pass tRestclient return data to tFileinputFullrow and using tExtractDelimitedfields you can split one record in number of attributes by specifying delimiter.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi