How to populate a new Talend project with SVN copied repostitory

How to populate a new Talend project with SVN copied repostitory

Windows server, visual svn, TAC 5.1.1
I just installed a second instance of TAC 5.1.1.
I want to copy our repository to it - serveral reasons - "practice disaster recover" is one. Talend's instructions say to use svnadmin dump - with no -r numbers, so it just dumps ever version.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Backing+up+the+environment&content-lang=en

For us that looks like 30 hours to make the backup, don't know how long to load, probably longer. Whereas hotcopy makes a full repository with history in 5 minutes. But I can't figure out how to get TAC to load that repository, doe s anyone have suggestions?
Levin

Re: How to populate a new Talend project with SVN copied repostitory

I did get this working, at least as far as a b rief test can tell - I'll come back and edit this post with step-by-step, but the basic deal seemed to be restore the hotcopy from "all tasks" in visual svn, then in TAC projects list, create the project and in "Advanced" settings give the exact URL to the project. TAC gives some message about copying the repository. Anyway, that appears to have worked.
One Star

I tried restoring from SVN backup (dump file) but after doing so, i do not see my jobs listed under Job Conductor.  do you have any ideas what I might be missing?
One Star

The details of jobs in the job conductor are stored in the TAC's MySQL config DB not in SVN (all the jobs in the job conductor are is pointers to the ETL tasks in SVN), you will have to restore this (or at least the appropriate tables) to get them in the new TAC.
One Star

Hi All,
We are also working on disaster recovery plan for talend.
Does anyone get resolution on how they get job conductor settings back.
Thanks.