How to perform commit at the end of all transaction

One Star

How to perform commit at the end of all transaction

Hi,
I am performing an insert operation from Sybase ASE to Sybase IQ db.. I am performing import for 10 tables in a single job, If i give less value in commit frequency then it is taking more time during the insert itself, if a large value is given in the commit frequence then at the end of insertion it is taking more time,
> I want to know is there any possibility to perform the commit using some component after inserting data for all the tables, Since i am getting error during bulk import, i am using the tsybaseoutput component to perform the insert..
Kindly Assist..
Thanks in Advance,
Siva

Re: How to perform commit at the end of all transaction

Wrtie commit in the pallete pane and search for components. There mist be component corrosponding to your database.
E.g. For oracle tOracleCommit, for mySql its tMySqlCommit.
One Star

Yes there is component like tsybasecommit which is meant exclusively for sybase, but the problem is commit parameter in tsybaseoutput is a mandatory one, because of that execution time of my job is drastically increased..
I want to know is there any other way to reduce the execution time of my job by commiting the record in some other way..

Regards,
siva
Seven Stars

The "Commit Every" parameter is only mandatory when you are creating the connection with tSybaseOutput. To use tSybaseCommit, you need to also use tSybaseConnection and check the "Use an existing connection" option in tSybaseOutput. You'll see that the "Commit Every" option then disappears.
I'm not sure that it will reduce the execution time of your job, however, as the final commit will still take time.