How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Four Stars

How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Hi all,

I'm new to using Talend and want to use it for generating data. I am creating data with columns for gender, first name, last name etc.

I want to be able to choose first name from a male or female list based on whether or not the gender column is male or female. Is there an easy way I can pass the value generated for the gender column to my function for first name? Or do I have to add a mapping component? Any help appreciated

Thanks

Twelve Stars

Re: How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Yes, You can

if You need more useful answer - best to have full description (with pictures):
- what You try todo

- how Your Job looking 

- what is Your problem

-----------
Four Stars

Re: How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

See screenshots below - I am trying to pass the value that gets generated for Gender to the function used for generating First Name. I know I can call the getGender function from the FirstName function but this generates a new random gender and not necessarily the one generated for the Gender column. Can you advise me how I can pass the generated Gender to the First Name function please.

2018-05-03_09h00_21.png2018-05-03_08h58_45.png2018-05-03_08h58_31.png