How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Four Stars

How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Hi all,

I'm new to using Talend and want to use it for generating data. I am creating data with columns for gender, first name, last name etc.

I want to be able to choose first name from a male or female list based on whether or not the gender column is male or female. Is there an easy way I can pass the value generated for the gender column to my function for first name? Or do I have to add a mapping component? Any help appreciated

Thanks

Highlighted
Thirteen Stars

Re: How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

Yes, You can

if You need more useful answer - best to have full description (with pictures):
- what You try todo

- how Your Job looking 

- what is Your problem

-----------
Four Stars

Re: How to pass a generated value as a parameter to the function for the next column?

See screenshots below - I am trying to pass the value that gets generated for Gender to the function used for generating First Name. I know I can call the getGender function from the FirstName function but this generates a new random gender and not necessarily the one generated for the Gender column. Can you advise me how I can pass the generated Gender to the First Name function please.

2018-05-03_09h00_21.png2018-05-03_08h58_45.png2018-05-03_08h58_31.png

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.