Seven Stars

How to move all table with data from one schema to another schema in PostgreSQL using talend

Hi Folks,

How to move all table with data from one schema to another schema in PostgreSQL using talend job

RAJESH J
7 REPLIES
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Re: How to move all table with data from one schema to another schema in PostgreSQL using talend

Hi,

This scenario should works.

tPostgresqlInput (source schema) --> tPostgresqlOutput (using a separate connection on target schema, Action on table = "Drop and creta table", Action on data = "Insert")

Does this helps.

TRF
Seven Stars

Re: How to move all table with data from one schema to another schema in PostgreSQL using talend

Hi TRF,

I have tried your solution but it's shows error. please find the error attached screenshots.

Screenshot (237)_LI.jpgScreenshot (235).png

RAJESH J
Eight Stars

You have not specified Table,becuse of that you are getting job compilation error.

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Table name is mandatory

TRF
Seven Stars

Hi TRF,

Thank you folks.

In my schema have 60 tables. I can move table with data sources schema to designation schema one by one but I need to move all table using single talend job. whether its possible or not?

RAJESH J
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Hi,

You cannot expect to do with Talend what you cannot do with a standard Postgresql command.

You may refer to these links for a work around:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18216462/how-to-duplicate-schemas-in-postgresql

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/10474/postgresql-how-to-create-full-copy-of-database-schema-...

TRF
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Does this help?

If so, thank's to close the case by selecting the most usefull answer.
Kudos also accepted.

TRF