Four Stars

How to mark a record as processed or failed?

hi, I have a MS SQL table that contains records that need to be uploaded to an object in salesforce.com.  The SQL table contains ID (GUID), MessageType (string), Message (string), PickedUp (date/time), Processed (date/time), ErrorDate (date/time), ErrorMessage (string).

I would like to peform the following:

1.  Query the SQL table for records that have not been picked up (PickedUp IS NULL).

2.  Mark the records as picked up (current date/time).

3.  Upload the records to salesforce.

4.  Update the records that were successfully uploaded (Processed = Current date/time).

5.  Update the records that failed to successfully upload (ErrorDate = current date/time ErrorMessage = Error Message from SFDC).

1-3 are working successfully.  I am not getting any records for 4 or 5 regardless of the outcome of the insert to SFDC.

mark the records as either successfully processed or failed to process in the source MS SQL table based on the result of the insert into salesforce.  I have attached a screenshot of the sub job that performs these steps.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

9 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: How to mark a record as processed or failed?

Hi,

Where is the problem?

No records after both tMap_9 and tMap_10? else, do you have defined the MS connection with the autocommit option ? else you need to commit the whole job somewhere.

TRF
Four Stars

Hi, the problem is no records after tMap_9 and tMap_10.  The MS SQL connection is set to auto commit.

Thanks!

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Do you have any record coming into tMap_9 and tMap_10?

Can you share the both tMap configuration?

TRF
Four Stars

hi, thank you for your help on this.  what I see is no records going into either of the maps.  I have attached a screenshot that shows no records coming out of the SFDC tSalesforceOutput component.  what is the best way to share the map information?

Thanks,

-Jim

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Incredible, that's the 1st time I see a tSalesforceOutput component giving no result.
So, the problem is not in the tMap (for the moment).
Can you share both Basics and Advanced settings for the tSalesforceOutput (capture the screens), I'll check tomorrow (it's near 0:00 AM in France).

TRF
Four Stars

Hi, attaching both the basic and advanced settings for the tSalesforceOutput

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Hi,
Uncheck the option "Cease on error", retry and let me know.

TRF
Four Stars

Hi, I tried unchecking the item.  ran the integration and got the same result.  Thanks!!

Four Stars

Hi, I've checked and unchecked everything I can think of, but the records are never marked as processed.  Is there any debugging I can add to the salesforce output component t see what is going on?

Thanks!