One Star

How to make the tRestClient work?

I'm almost embarrassed posting this as it seems so simple it should just work, but I've tried a dozen ways and it still will not pull a response.
I'm requesting a response from SugarCRM API v4_1. With the native Talend connector several versions behind now, I thought just as easy to use SOAP or REST. I have SOAP working fine. However, REST, I'm stuck.
This works in a URL: (password mod for security)
democrm.ela.solutions/service/v4_1/rest.php?method=login&input_type=json&response_type=json&rest_data={"user_auth":{"user_name":"admin","password":"098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6"},"application_name":"Suite"}
But when I try to recreate this same post with the tRestClient, it fails no matter what I seem to pass in the parameters. The error "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" response is the same error I get if I pass no parameters at all on the URL.

And the error is:
Starting job Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest at 02:15 22/12/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3414
connected
Exception in component tRESTClient_1
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.convertToWebApplicationException(AbstractClient.java:507)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:895)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:863)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:426)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.post(WebClient.java:456)
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.tRESTClient_1Process(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:759)
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:1153)
disconnected
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.main(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:1010)
Job Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest ended at 02:15 22/12/2016.

Any insight would be appreciated! Smiley Happy
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: How to make the tRestClient work?

Hi
Should these data go as a POST body ? if yes, set a body type to String and pass that JSON sequence as a body input to tRESTClient
One Star

Hi
Should these data go as a POST body ? if yes, set a body type to String and pass that JSON sequence as a body input to tRESTClient

Thanks sberyozkin,
No, these are not in the body, just parameters that pass along the URL.
Fifteen Stars

You say it works in a URL. By that do you mean web browser? If so you should be using GET not POST. Try that. 
Rilhia Solutions
One Star

You say it works in a URL. By that do you mean web browser? If so you should be using GET not POST. Try that. 

Thanks rhall,
Yes, that's is a URL that works. Whether I POST or GET, I'm getting the same error. I don't understand what the debug errors are telling me. I do know the 500 error occurs if I post a straight URL with no parameters like this "//democrm.ela.solutions/service/v4_1/rest.php?method=login". So it seems like the Talend component might have an issue not passing parameters? Do you recognize what the " at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)" means?

connecting to socket on port 3854
connected
Exception in component tRESTClient_1
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.convertToWebApplicationException(AbstractClient.java:507)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:895)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:863)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:426)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.get(WebClient.java:609)
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.tRESTClient_1Process(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:750)
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:1143)
disconnected
    at esb_test.copy_of_get_sessionkey_basic_rest_0_1.Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.main(Copy_of_Get_SessionKey_Basic_Rest.java:1000)