How to make tHash appear in every project's palette by default?

Seven Stars

How to make tHash appear in every project's palette by default?

Is there a way to include the tHashOutput and tHashInput components in the palette for every project and any new projects created by default?
Thanks
Community Manager

Re: How to make tHash appear in every project's palette by default?

Hello
It need to modify the code, by default the hash components are hidden. You can ask for a patch by opening a ticket.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

Why are they hidden? Do they work properly? Is there any performance advantage to hiding other components?
Community Manager

Hello
They are virtual components, so we hide them by default, they works fine and there is not any performance advantage for hiding them.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello,
Where can I find tHashOutput? It is virtual/Hidden? How do I add it in Design Studio?
Thanks!
Seven Stars

Go to File > Edit Project properties > Designer > Palette Settings and move the Technical folder from the left window to the right. It will now appear in your palette for adding to jobs.
Note that this has to be done for each project individually, even in the same workspace. Ridiculous, isn't it!
One Star

Got it! Thanks for your prompt reply.
One Star

Hello,
By any chance, is there tHashOutput & tHashInput samples in Talend that I could glance at? I am having connection timeout that's why I'm exploring tHash to improve performance. Is there an example to insert all records, and one example to insert one at a time? Kind of like best practice for tHash usage would be great.
Your help is much appreciated!