How to join data between two jobs with no join condition

Highlighted
Five Stars

How to join data between two jobs with no join condition

Hi ,

I am new to Talend and has very basic question . I am hoping someone might be able to help me .flow of my data is as follows :

Capture1.PNG

I have personID returned from my Job  'job_datahubPartyPerson_upsert' which is stored in context variable  . I need to use that personID in upsertPolciysystem  . How Can I connect both  ?  I tried with bunch of option like tMap lookup but connector is not giving me option to connect. and there is no join condition with personID and tMap_4 data . 

I was thinking to use context variable but how can I make sure person ID context variable is filled before calling upsertPolicySystem job ? also tMap_2 and tMap_4 both has different data .

Can some one please help .

Thanks in advance . 

-Meenu

Employee

Re: How to join data between two jobs with no join condition

Hi Meenu,

Could you please try to store the data output from tMap1 to tMap4 to a hashoutput component instead of passing directly to tMap4? Then use a On SubJob Ok flow to make sure that the data output of  'job_datahubPartyPerson_upsert' is stored into context variable.

In the next subjob read the hash output using a tHashInput component and pass it to tMap4 and do the rest of the activities. In this way, both jobs will happen one after another and you will have id required for the upsertPolicySystem job

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Five Stars

Sorry I am little confused on solution . in which flow tHashInput supposed to go ? thanks for your help !

Capture2.PNG

Employee

Hi,

I was telling like below flow.image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Five Stars

the above flow is not going to work because of multiple rows data .

tMSSQLCDInput is a table with multiple rows and with each iteration tMap_1 is populating data from each row . so the logic start after tMap_1  and I need to add subjob UpsertPolicySystem for each row . so I want to do something like this but not sure where to add tHashInput .  At this present position , HashInput data is coming null that means it's not filled yet  .Capture3.PNG

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables