One Star

How to install required Modules?

I outsourced a Talend project, but it does not work. Now I am trying to fix it. While I am not sure if this is the problem, I see that I have several modules which are required but not installed. (Seen Below). I have visited Talend Exchange but I can't find how to install these modules. Does anyone know how I would go about getting these? Could they be custom, or are they community modules?

10 REPLIES
One Star

Re: How to install required Modules?

Hi
Cannot see you screenshot. Can you tell what is the error you are getting?
One Star

I now realize that the screenshot was resized. I am enclosing a new one. Talend does not allow me to export a list of modules, but the following are the first few that are missing. Is there a way to acquire them? I have version 4.2. Maybe by upgrading to 5.0?
nzjdbc.jar
jbossesb-rosetta.jar
sas.core.jar
sas.svc.connection.jar
sas.internet.javatools.jar

Employee

Hi Sergio,
I would say that your best shot would be to just download them from internet. If you want these libraries, just go on the website of the company (like SAP for SAPjco.jar) and search for it. Then you can include it into Talend.
One Star

Hi,
I have the same problem with jxl.jar, i downloaded the file from internet but in which directory we must put the file.
Thanks for your help.
One Star

Hi
You might put it in the directory <TOS installation dir>\lib\java.
Or you might find Module view in Talend Studio to add this jar file.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi,
I put the file jxl.jar in the directory C:\TALEND_FOR_BIG_DATA\TOS_BD-r84309-V5.1.1\lib\java and it works.
Thanks a lot
One Star

Hi
Hi,
I put the file jxl.jar in the directory C:\TALEND_FOR_BIG_DATA\TOS_BD-r84309-V5.1.1\lib\java and it works.
Thanks a lot

Great! Feel free to ask any qustions here.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
I have the same issue with javacsv.jar , i downloaded the file and put it in the same directory where i put jxl.jar.
C:\TALEND_FOR_BIG_DATA\TOS_BD-r84309-V5.1.1\lib\java

But when i execute my process for an output delimited file, the error "module javacsv.jar required" still exists.

Could you help me to solve this issue ?

Thanks
One Star

Hi
You might also add jar files by Modules view as the following image.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,

Thanks a lot for the issue concerning the module javacsv.jar.
I posted also an issue concerning the rejected records, could you please help me about it ?

For example, i read a file of 600 000 records and my process generates an excel output file of 567 422 records.
The difference represents 32 578 records which have been rejected.
So i would like to know how to generate a file containing these rejected records and why these records are rejected.
Thanks for your help.