Six Stars

How to install java package project wide ?

Hi,

I 've been working with Talend for a few weeks now. I always encounter a situation where it is unavoidable to use java libraries. I checked out that the most used technique is tLibraryLoad. But I am sure some of you has found a smarter way to install package from maven repository for example and use it in your routines and tJava*

Please, can I ask for a step by step tutorial ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to install java package project wide ?

Hello,

There are two ways for you to import and use an external jar.
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the beginning of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
   |
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)

2)Creating a custom routine, importing the external jar file by clicking on the routine name and editing the routine libraries, and then calling this routine in the job.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES

Hello,

There are two ways for you to import and use an external jar.
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the beginning of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
   |
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)

2)Creating a custom routine, importing the external jar file by clicking on the routine name and editing the routine libraries, and then calling this routine in the job.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

It works, thanks! I didn't know that you can do that directly in routines.