How to install an external module that isn't listed in the Module View or in Install Additional Packages Section

Seven Stars

How to install an external module that isn't listed in the Module View or in Install Additional Packages Section

Hello, I deleted the external module org.apache.tools.ant-1.6.5.jar in my (Talend Folder)/lib/java because I was getting an error on tfileunarchive component that the component wasn't pointed to the right external module. I was able to load it by performing a tLibraryLoad at the beginning of the job and calling on it. For some reason it doesn't show up on my module list anymore. I was wondering is there a way to manually download this external module from the https://talend-update.talend.com site because I currently do not see it when I search it. Its needed for tfileunarchive component.

If I wanted to put my Module list back to default settings when I first installed Talend 7.1 Open Studio for Data Integration. Is there away to do that also?

I looked at this resource already https://help.talend.com/reader/JoDPA5CxpUcrjx1PF6gUgQ/ulXz~nSh4I~MCEa74R9s9A. I need another solution because the external module doesn't show up on my Module List.

Re: How to install an external module that isn't listed in the Module View or in Install Additional Packages Section

Hello,

What talend edition/version are you using? Are you able to download ant-1.6.5.jar from here and install it manually into your studio?

ant-1.6.5.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Re: How to install an external module that isn't listed in the Module View or in Install Additional Packages Section

Hello Sabrina,

Thanks for your response,

I am currently running Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.1, considering Talend Cloud Integration in the future, if I can get my business processes down in Open Studio.

I'm trying to get org.apahe.tools.ant-1.6.5 jar external module to show up in my Modules View again. I downloaded the jar file you had in your screenshot and placed it in this folder C:\talend\plugins. Do I need to recreate the org.apahe.tools.ant-1.6.5 folder in that file path? Is there another module I need to install with this one for it to show up. Here is an old screenshot when I had the jar file installed on my pc. I had to use tLibraryLoad to call on the right jar file, for my tfileunarchive component to load. I can't find that same jar file now, since I deleted it thinking I could reinstall it.

I get this Java code error everytime I run a job with tfileunarchive

if (tmpFileURL_tFileUnarchive_2.endsWith(".tar.gz")
|| tmpFileURL_tFileUnarchive_2.endsWith(".tgz")) {
org.apache.tools.tar.TarInputStream zip_tFileUnarchive_2 = null;
java.io.InputStream inputStream_tFileUnarchive_2 = null;
try {

Please advise!

Thanks,

Andrew

Seven Stars

Hello Sabrina,

You asked me:

Are you able to download ant-1.6.5.jar from here and install it manually into your studio?

Can I ask you what filepath in your Talend folder does this external module need to be saved too is it the plugin folder?

I don't see ant-1.6.5.jar in the actual Module View, So I'm thinking that Talend isn't recognizing that this module is installed. I can only use tfileunarchive component when I have a tLibraryLoad Component in Pre Execution. Take a look at my ss.

Please Advise!

Andrew

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch