How to include in RuntimeESB external library need from the esb job

Hi all,
i'm developing a ESB job which i'll deploy as a .kar in a remote server where has been put a RuntimeESB.
In this job i'm using a tOracleInput component.
To be used this component requires a library, ojdbc.jar.
In my local machine, in Talend open studio for ESB, i ran the job and Talend immediatily told me i leaked this library, Talend asked to me if i whished to install that library, and i installed that library using the procedure from Talend (so i didn't add that library manually), Talend did it on its own.
Then, the job worked perfectly.
Now i exported the .kar job in the remote server, inside the RuntimeESB/container/deploy folder.
Now if i try to invoke that job i get an exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.
So my question is how can i put the library in the RuntimeESB?
Where the job is looking for that library?
Thank you!
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How to include in RuntimeESB external library need from the esb job

In my opinion, you do not need to install manual jars to any place of Talend Runtime, the dependency jars should be export automatically when you export the web service. Which vession of Talend Studio are you using?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

I'm using the version 5.4.1.
Ok i can confirm that library has not been exported automatically.
I installed it on my TOS and from the TOS the job worked well, when i exported the job it didn't work cause it didn't find the library.
To make the job working i manually added the library in this path: Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/ext.
Each library put there is recognized from my job.
I don't know why, i foud this solution trying all combinations.
One Star

We have the same problem (we use TESB SE 5.4.2). Your discussion showed me that this is a major flaw in Talend (instead of a developer error), so I took the liberty to open a change request:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-13981
Since there is no documentation about the fact that the deployment of services might involve any tasks related to manually copying jars to certain runtime folders, I consider this a major CR.
Matt