One Star

How to have my job run for different schemas dynamically?

Hii,
Can somebody explain how to have my job run with different schema dynamically?
Means my job have some tfileinput written to tlogrow and I am passing the file name to the tfileinputdelimited thru the context variable. I want to display different file contents every time I run this job by passing different file name with different schema to the context variable.
How can I achieve that just by changing the file name provided in the context variable?
P.S:The different file names have different schemas.
7 REPLIES

Re: How to have my job run for different schemas dynamically?

Hi,
I want to display different file contents every time I run this job by passing different file name with different schema to the context variable.

For your requirement, you have to use dynamics schema in schema setting. However, dynamic schema feature is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version, it allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
For more details, please see document TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks xdshi for your prompt reply..
But then also by changing the settings as dynamic settings enabled,if I develop a job and I want to make it generic ,using enterprise edition can I do that by just changing the value i.e. file name passed to my context variable which asks for a prompt at the beginning of my job.

Hi,
You can set the file path with context variable or you can use Implicit context load.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks xdshi for the support..

Hi,
Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Ok Thanks Sabrina.Smiley Happy..
If you can please see this topic,How to achieve dropping columns based on the metadata file? posted by me..
Thanks in advance..
One Star

The link is ..http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31924