How to handle 302 exception and parse response URL without following redirection?

Five Stars

How to handle 302 exception and parse response URL without following redirection?

Talend throws an exception when an API returns 302 Found. That's the expected response from the API so it's OK. I DON'T want to follow the redirect in this case.

As is: exception is thrown and the response URL cannot be parsed.

Goal: to parse the response URL and take one parameter value and continue job with it.

How to parse the URL without getting the exception AND without following any redirect? I can see the documentation that 302 could be followed with a HTTP proxy, but as mentioned there's no need to follow..

Sixteen Stars

Re: How to handle 302 exception and parse response URL without following redirection?

Four Stars

Re: How to handle 302 exception and parse response URL without following redirection?

@hkorhola were you able to resolve this issue?  I'm encountering a similar issue when tRestClient throws an exception for the 303 response.  I also don't need to follow the redirect in this case.  When the response code is 200 then my job correctly extracts the JSON fields from the response.  However, for the 303 response, even though I can see the full response in the log details displayed in studio the job fails because of the exception thrown on the 303 response.  I filed a support case and they logged a bug, but in the meantime I need to find a workaround.