How to get trunjob label name

Six Stars

How to get trunjob label name

Hi,
How to get the label name of any component in tjava component.
OR

Actually I am using tstatcatcher component to catch the statistics of the sub jobs there I need to know each component lable name and there execution time right now I am getting origin name as tmysqlinput but I want its label name

Please give any suggestion on it

Thanks
Ashish
Community Manager

Re: How to get trunjob label name

Hi
There have been some topics asking the same question, but now, It is impossible to get the component label, as a workaround, you can do some transform on tMap after tLogCatcher like:
tlogCatcher--main--tMap--tFileOutputDelimited
row1.origin.equals("tRunJob_1")?"lable1"Smiley Sadrow1.origin.equals("tRunJob_2")?:"label2":row1.origin)
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Hi shong,
Thanks for the quick reply.In my scenario I cant use this because I have more then 15 components in each sub job it will become little bit complicated.IS there any other way at component level

Thanks
Ashish
Community Manager

Hi
Yes, it is not a good way if there are many components in the job, I would suggest you to report an issue in our bugtracker, our developers will see what we can do and modify the component.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

There's a nicer solution We've found.
tPreJob -> tFileInputXML -> tSetGlobalVar
in the tFileInputXML I pass the relative path of the item's directory (i.e c:\Talend\workspace\ProjectName\process\)
and the name of the directory in the repository in which my job resides.
FileName = context.items_dir + context.repository_dir + "\\" + jobName + "_" + jobVersion + ".item"
in the XPATH I pass the location of the UNIQUE_NAME and LABEL and pass them to tSetGlobalVar.
key = row1.UNIQUE_NAME + "_LABEL"
value = row1.label.
in tStatCatcher i use tMap and get globalMap.get(row2.origin + "_LABEL").
This gives me the label of the palette each time.
The only thing to remember is that this prejob must be included in each subjob,
the items_dir passes as a parameter to each job, and only the repository_dir changes in each subjob.
When building the job, you need to include the items (it's a checkbox) and then change the items_dir
in the context file.

Hope this helps,