How to get the date of the file stored/created in the remote system to my Talend job using ftp

Six Stars

How to get the date of the file stored/created in the remote system to my Talend job using ftp

Hello,

So I have a talend job that takes files from a remote file system and transfers the files from the remote directory using tFTPFileList and tFTPGET to hbase. However, I need to collect the date of the file created or initially stored in the remote file system as:

Capture3.PNG

Basically, I need the Jun 25 09:06 date of the file created from my remote file system and transferred to my talend along with

my file using tFTPGET.  I can get the file but I do not know how to transfer the date of the file. Please do tell me how I can go about this as soon as you can!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: How to get the date of the file stored/created in the remote system to my Talend job using ftp

Nevermind I solved, I have to use the filepath instead of the filename. That was a silly mistake.

Ten Stars

Re: How to get the date of the file stored/created in the remote system to my Talend job using ftp

sorry for my misunderstanding.
tJava , write java code:

context.filename = <ctrl+space tFTPFilelist current filename> ;

and in tSSH, change it into:

"date -r " +context.filename+ " %m-%d-%Y"

All Replies
Ten Stars

tFTPFileProperties ... not 100% sure, never used it.
Six Stars

So I am trying with tSSH by trying to run the command: "date - r context.filename %m-%d-%Y" by inputting this command in the command box in the tSSH component however I get ./filename not a directory when I run the job. Would you know how I can get the filename/value, stored in context.filename, inputted in place of the context.filename in the command above?

Ten Stars

the global variable of the component tSSH is STDOUT: ( the standard execution output of the remote command) https://help.talend.com/reader/iYcvdknuprDzYycT3WRU8w/bDVRFxLbXmpSPgTICuqd3A
tSSH -> onComponentOk -> tJava -> System.out.println( <use your keyboard ctrl+space tSSH STDOUT> );
Six Stars

Sorry for the misunderstanding. So I did whatever you mentioned in your response, my problem is:

I am getting the file and its filename from FTPFileList and FTPGet. The filename is later stored context.filename. Now I am connecting back to my remote filesystem using tSSH and am trying to run the command "date -r context.filename %m-%d-%Y" and inputting this command in the command box of tSSH, in hopes that when the job runs, the command is executed in remote filesystem linux environment and I get back the output of the date. I know how to print out the date but what I do not know how to input the actual filename in place of context.filename in the command. i.e. say my context.filename = parse.xml. I want to run the command:  "date -r parse.xml %m-%d-%Y" in the remote linux environment to get the date I need. In doing so, I run this instead:  "date -r context.filename %m-%d-%Y", but I am getting either ./filename does not exist or null values. How can I go about fixing this.

Thanks

Six Stars

Nevermind I solved, I have to use the filepath instead of the filename. That was a silly mistake.

Ten Stars

sorry for my misunderstanding.
tJava , write java code:

context.filename = <ctrl+space tFTPFilelist current filename> ;

and in tSSH, change it into:

"date -r " +context.filename+ " %m-%d-%Y"

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads