How to get logging information in Talend

One Star

How to get logging information in Talend

I am trying to get logging of talend jobs (eg. no. of rows processed, no. of rows committed start_time_of_job, end_time_of_job etc.) How do I'll get this information?
I'm using Talend 6.1. I've enabled tLogCatcher, tStatCatcher, tFlowMeterCatcher in PROJECT SETTINGS but that's giving me logging details after completion of the job.
If I am running job through command line and if I want to check logging then I won't get that information.
How I'll get this information? tLogCatcher only writes data in the file or table if any error occurred. But if job completed successfully then it don't write any information to the log file.
Please help me to tackle this issue.

Re: How to get logging information in Talend

Hi,
If you want to check the log message when building your job on commandline, it is very convenient to set the log in job view to output the record into file or table.
Statistics table records details like begin Time, End Time which is generated by any job.
Logs table records the messages from Java Exception, tDie and/or tWarn (prerequisite: there must be an error in your job).
Flow Meter table records the number of rows processed in the defined flow(prerequisite: you have to use tFlowMeter in your job).
Please see my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you for the solution.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
tFlowCatcher returns count of rows only after completion of the job. But if I want to check number of processed rows during execution of the job then how I'll get that count?

Hi,
I want to check number of processed rows during execution of the job

Are you looking for "Tracks debug mode"?
Could you please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to run a Job in Traces Debug mode to see if it is what you are looking for?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you.
But my question is as follows:
I am trying to push data from oracle table to cassandra table. I've exported that job and executed .sh file to run that job through command line. Now it will indicate me start of job but I want to check how many rows have been pushed to cassandra table. I've used tFlowMeter and tFlowMeterCatcher but it will return me no. of rows inserted in cassandra table after completion of the job. But if I want to check how many rows have been inserted before completion of that job then how I'll get to know that?

Hi,
It seems you want to get the number of data extracted from your source oracle DB?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Yes.

Hi,
There is a global variable nb_line of txxxInput component which counts the total number of selected rows. For example:
((Integer)globalMap.get("tOracleInput_1_NB_LINE"))
Best regards
Sabrina
--