Four Stars

How to get an instence of a component in tjava

I want ask if there is way to get an instance of a component if a job(ex:tmap , tmysqlinput) in tjava code and then manipulate it manually using code 

Help please

5 REPLIES
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Re: How to get an instence of a component in tjava

Very hazardous. Looking at the generated Java code will give you some answers (I think so).
In fact, accessing to some objects properties is possible (there is blogs and articles about this) but changing anything seems to be dangerous (IMHO).

TRF
Four Stars

hi TRF 

thank you again for your answer

would you mind giving me some example or links on how can i access to object properties

actually i want to find a way on how can i add with javacode some column to a csv file structure

thank you

Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Well, I don't want give you bad information regarding this little bit tricky subject.

May be a guy as @rhall_2_0 can give you good directions or advices.

Also Bekwam's blog may help you.

Regards,

TRF
Eleven Stars

You don't have total control over other components at runtime, but you can take some control. An example of this is switching Connections (DB and FTP, for example) at runtime. This tutorial shows how this is achieved by using Java (https://www.rilhia.com/quicktips/quick-tip-dynamically-change-db-connection). As @TRF suggests, it is not necessarily the safest thing to be trying. But sometimes it can actually be quite useful. However this is not really documented anywhere and would probably be considered "hacking". Remember to look at the code that is generated. If you can read Java, you will learn a lot. 

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

rhall2_0

thank you very much for your explanation