One Star

How to get a job to 'pause' before continuing?

Hi, trying to understand the flow of a job
I think I might be trying to do a subjob, but I'm not sure
See my attached job
I need the tFileFetch_2 to populate the "listingUpgradeViews" table and have it ready to go; so maybe the flow along the bottom is actually the main job and all the top stuff is the subjob?
Or, otherwise put, once "listingViewsGA" gets properly populated with both tFileFetch_1 tForeach_1 iterations I would like to also populate listingUpgradeViews and then pass both along with "dimListing" into the tMap and on to "listingViewsWithUpgrades"
I don't know if this is able to be accomplished all in one job
Thank you, any design advice would be much appreciated Smiley Happy
PS - I tried to get tFileFetch_2 --> tFileInputDelimited_2 --> tMap but wasn't able to get it working, hence the additional "listingUpgradeViews" tMysqlOutput component
PPS - currently I am doing this with two jobs, the top part and the bottom part of the design separately (i.e. pre-populating "listingUpgradeViews" independently first rather than at the same time as the other stuff)
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: How to get a job to 'pause' before continuing?

Why not use a tParallize? Use it to first get/fetch all the files you need, then once that is complete, make a synchronize link to tFileInputDelimited_1 and continue with the process? I am not sure if I understood your requirement 100% though...
One Star

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, it looks like that component might not be available in TOS?
Perhaps there is an alternative approach for Open Studio?
One Star

Minor spelling mistake. The correct spelling of the component is tParallelize (present in Orchestration, in Palette).
I think this is only available in the Professional/Enterprise edition though.
Alternatively, please refer picture(s) below. See if that works for you (Here, I assume that you only need to load one file into listingUpgradeViews; if this is so, Pic02 might be better).
Also, if you can replace the tMySql Lookups with a file read or data pull from memory, than you can avoid multiple db calls for the same data. This would depend on your performance requirements.

Edit: I'm sorry ddctf, but image upload does not seem to be working for me. How exactly did you upload your image?
Seventeen Stars

hi,
perhaps tSleep component may help you.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tSleep&content-lang=en
Allows you to identify possible bottlenecks using a time break in the Job for testing or tracking purpose. In production, it can be used for any needed pause in the Job to feed input flow for example.

regards
laurent
One Star

Hi,
@kzone: Thanks for the tSleep recommendation. I don't know how to incorporate it in my current job design; could You advise me on it's use in this context? You can see my current job design above, I can change it if need be to accommodate this component
@sobittyv: to upload screen captures you need to click the Post reply link at the bottom right of the thread, the Quick post editor doesn't have the upload option.
Seventeen Stars

did you see the scenario with the tRunJob :
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19429398#Raa73244
link your tSleep 'normally' and tell himm time to wait until proceed again ...
use it ... as it Smiley Wink
regards