How to generate an Excel file which consist of source path of the file as well as the filename.

Five Stars

How to generate an Excel file which consist of source path of the file as well as the filename.

Hi,

I have list of folders on my local system which consists of different files(.png,.pdf,.doc,.xls,etc.)

I want to generate an Excel file which consist of source path of the file as well as the filename.

How can i achieve this task using talend?

Please find the attached job which extracts the filename present in the folder "C:\Images" and stores in an excel file.

But like this there are multiple folders for which i need to extract the filepath as well as the filename in an excel file.

Please help.

Employee

Re: How to generate an Excel file which consist of source path of the file as well as the filename.

Hi,

Could you please try below method?image.png

image.png

image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Five Stars

Re: How to generate an Excel file which consist of source path of the file as well as the filename.

Hi Nikhil,

Please find the attached job created as per the solution you provided.

But when i run this job i am not able to fetch anything.

What exactly needs to be present in the "tFileinputDelimited"?

Where we need to specify the path of the folder from where the files are going to get picked up.

It would be helpful if you create a job and attach the screen print of it in this solution.

Employee

Hi,

In the first csv, you need to specify the list of folders which need to be scanned. Once you give the details, it will scan those folders and pick the corresponding files.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Five Stars

Hi,

I have an excel sheet which consist of a column "Source" inside which there is a "filepath location" which for e.g. is "C:\Trades\Trade01\Images".

I have to use this excel sheet as the input for fetching the "filenames" of the files which we will be present inside this "Images" folder.

How will i be able to achieve this using the Talend.

The input excel file consist of "different filepath locations".So i want to generate such an output excel file which will have the filepath exactly same as the input file and along with this the filenames of the files present inside the folder.

Please help. 

Employee

Hi,

Your overall solution looks fine. Could you please add print in each stage using tLogrow or tJava to see the output in each section especially the variables generated from previous components. This will give you clue for the flow.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog