How to find the Talend Services Maximum Threshold?

Eight Stars

How to find the Talend Services Maximum Threshold?

Hi Team,

I have a talend data service which is request-response service created through Talend DI .   Once the dataservice is deployed in talend runtime , it keeps on running listening for the requests and whenever a new request comes in , it serves it.

My question is how to find the maximum number of requests can be supported at a point of time ( say each second).

For example , if i am going to fire 1000 requests at the same time  what will happen.  How to find the maximum number of requests that requests that  can be served successfully 

Seven Stars JGM
Seven Stars

Re: How to find the Talend Services Maximum Threshold?

the maximum concurrent requests you can support will very much depend on the server you're running Karaf on as well as what your webservice actually does -- there's no easy way to estimate what this will be.  The best way to determine your maximum number of concurrent requests is to build a test harness and stress test your service. 

With that said, in my experience, in a few of the web services i've built (these were memory hungry services that did multiple DB lookups and prepared a large XML response) we determined our (medium ec2 server) could support approximately 400 concurrent requests.

Highlighted
Eight Stars

Re: How to find the Talend Services Maximum Threshold?

Thanks JGM . I understood and there is no straight way of directly predicting it. 

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud