How to fetch Job ID, user (from which job is executing)

Six Stars

How to fetch Job ID, user (from which job is executing)

Hi Team,

How to fetch information of the Job ID, User name from which job is executing.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Re: How to fetch Job ID, user (from which job is executing)

Hello,

There are global.jobName and global.projectName in global variables list. With open source, there is only one author for your local connection.
Are you referring to talend subscription solution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi, Thanks for the reply.

However, i am looking for two things here

1. Job ID (however, I am able to retrieve Job Name)

2. User by which job is running, for e.g. if i execute the job, i will get my name or if you execute the same job, it will give your name.

I don't understand what you trying to say in context to Talend Subscription. ( I am newbie to Talend and using OPEN Studio).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Tags (1)

Hello,

With talend open studio, all projects are stored in local without "Remote" feature.

When you create a new job in your studio, there are only jobname and the default author name.

Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi, Thanks for the reply.

Actuality i want to capture Author  Name in Global Variable so that it can be helpful for logging.

E.G.

Like, i have captured jobName in global variable as below

globalMap.put("System_JobName", jobName);
System.out.println("JOBName "+(globalMap.get("System_JobName")));

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/How-to-change-author-name/m-p/114915?

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hello,

There is no Author Name in Global Variable. All jobs contains same author name in talend open studio, actually.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi,

Does it mean, there is no way to capture Author/User of the job.

Thanks

Amit 

Hello,

So far, there are global.jobName and global.projectName in global variable without authorName. What's your objective?

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--