Four Stars

How to extract/retrieve metadata from microsoft crm dynamics

Hi team,

I m willing to connect and retrieve metadata from Microsoft CRM Dynamics. Could you please help me how can we achieve this ?

I tried using DB connection--> Generic DB--> provided in below URL But couldn't successful, Please provide alternate approaches.

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/dynamicscrm-jdbc-talend.rst

Regards,

Meena

5 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: How to extract/retrieve metadata from microsoft crm dynamics

Hi Meena,

Talend does have components specifically for connecting to Microsoft Dynamics CRM - tMicrosoftCrmInput and tMicrosoftCrmOutput - which allow you to fetch the data in a convenient, and relatively straightforward way, by selecting the type of "Entity" you're interested in (e.g Contact, Lead, Invoice) and specifying criteria/conditions for the records you are interested in. You can also create/update records.

In the standard DI product, these components can be found in the "Business" section of the component palette.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Microsoft CRM system I can connect to in order to build an example, but the component properties and use are hopefully fairly self-explanatory.

Regards,

Chris

Four Stars

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the quick response,

Yes I have used tMicrosoftCRMInput component, but the entity which i needed is not there in the List so i have selected the CustomEntitySet and given the Custom Entity Name but I need the schema to come automatically (which i don't want to enter manually because there are many columns).

Please find attached screenshots.

I tried DB connection for the schema Retrieval same as provided in the below URL

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/dynamicscrm-jdbc-talend.rst

Connection is successfully ( I have used CData Trial version for now) but when i right click and selected the schema retrieve i don't find any schema present.

I don't understand why i am not able to see the schema.

Could you please help me how can we achieve this ?

Please provide alternate approaches for the metadata.

Regards,

Meena.

Six Stars

Hi Meena,

I've previously used the SugarCRM components a lot, and also had to manually set up the schema for custom modules, and add any (and often many) custom fields for the standard modules, which is a real pain. They did work fine though, and ultimately it was worth the effort. Just make sure you export the schema once you're done, just in case!

I suspect the issue is that the user you're connect to SQL Server with doesn't have permissions to get the metadata from the CRM database, so maybe check that first, but if that's not the case, then we can start looking at other things.

Regards,

Chris

Four Stars

Hi Chris,

Sure, I will check the permissions for the user account in CRM.

I'm having one more doubt, Is there any way to get the metadata out of an API or from WSDL?

Please let me know, if there are any chances.

I will get back, once i got the confirmation about the permissions.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Meena.

Four Stars

Hi Chris,

The user I've connected to CRM is having full access,

Even others programs like .Net are able to pull the metadata from the CRM with the same user, which I'm using now.

what might be the cause that am not getting the schema from CRM.

Are there any chance to pull the metadata from CRM, please help me to achieve this.

Regards,

Meena.