One Star

How to export job using "export job" component

Hi,
I want to export my job as .bat file ad run to another machine. But I can't export including the metadata that I have created. Anyone know how to export including the metadata using "export job" component.

Regards,
Ommie
5 REPLIES

Re: How to export job using "export job" component

Hi,
I want to export my job as .bat file ad run to another machine. But I can't export including the metadata that I have created. Anyone know how to export including the metadata using "export job" component.

There is no such "export job" component. If you want to export the job script, right click the job needed and select the 'Export job' option, all required jars and metadata are included automatically. Please read this page on Talend Help Center to know more about how to import/export job item or jobs
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8121957
See my pics for details

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I know but I cant export the metadata that I have define during the job development.
It just appear the list of job only.
Regards,
Ommie

Hi,
I cant export the metadata that I have define during the job development.

You should export your defined metadata separately. See my pics for details.
Is that what you need? Wait for your response..
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the info. Actually I want to deploy all my project as .bat file and want to run it from another machine that do not have Talend install to it. You know how to handle this situation?
Regards,
Ommie
Community Manager

Hi Ommie
Talend supports for cross-platform, you can export the job script and deploy it to another machine and execute it without Talend Studio installation, as long as there also been a JRE installation. If I understand you well, your job may read external files and you want to contain the files in the project when you export the job script. This is impossible, you have to move the files manually to another machine and specify the corresponding file path. As best practice, we usually set the file path with context variable, define different contexts with different values, select the corresponding context when executing the job in different environment. For example, (see screenshot1), I define a context variable 'filepath' and use it for the file name of tFileInputDelimited, I define two contexts with different value. see How to configure context on Talend Help Center.
When going to execute the job, you can edit the job script and specify the context before executing the job. (see screenshot2)
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business