Four Stars

How to exclude hidden rows in a excel source while loading data to sql using talend

Hi All,

Am using talent DI to load data to SQL server. In my excel source there some hidden rows . These hidden rows not needed to import to my database. Is there any way to do it without setting a flag in source file.?

• Data Integration
4 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Re: How to exclude hidden rows in a excel source while loading data to sql using talend

Hi,

Don't think it is possible with standard tFileInputExcel component.

May be using Apache POI-HSSF / POI-XSSF library.

Hope this helps.

TRF
Four Stars

Re: How to exclude hidden rows in a excel source while loading data to sql using talend

Hi TRF,

Thanks for the help.

I have one more question? Is this library can be included as component in talend process.

Four Stars

Hi TRF,

Thanks for the help.

I have one more question? Is this library can be included as component in talend process.
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

You can include the library as "any" external library, then use the proposed methods in tJava family components.
Not so easy and direct as dedicated components but can be useful when you need to control details not available elsewhere.

TRF