One Star

How to do skip the error records and proceed further during data load?

Hi,
I am loading data from Source (Written Custom SQL Query and using tOracleInput) to target tables(tOracleOutput).
Am loading data into 18tablets(subjobs).
While data loading if there is any error ,then i need to skip current record and proceed further to next record.
Please suggest me how to do this.
8 REPLIES

Re: How to do skip the error records and proceed further during data load?

Hi,
Make sure "Die on error" option is deactivated in tOracleOutPut. Clear the check box to skip the row on error and complete the process for error-free rows.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks a lot..
One Star

I have one more question on this.
The requirement is on subjob error ,i need to write that record into a flat file and continue processing other records..
Currently i have designed as given below..
onSubJobOK am calling another job..
Please let me know how to write the error record to the file and continue processing other records at each job level.
I am attaching the image of my Job design to this post.
One Star

Even i try to create one tFileOutputDelimited component and try to link in trigger->on subJobError..
It is not connecting..
Am not sure what component i need to use ..
One Star

Hi Govardhan, What is the type of error u want to capture. If it is Database rejections then u need to have another tfileoutput to capture the error records on reject link of tOracleOutput in each flow.
If you want to do some validation and reject the data then u need to enable reject in the tMap and capture that to a file or table as per your requirement.
--Harish
One Star

Thanks Harish.
I have provided the sample flow in the screen shot as suggested by you.Please correct me if am wrong.
If it is correct,i have one question,when i try to select the second tOracleOutput and try to link to the same tfileOutputDelimited_1 it is not linking..
Do i need to create separate file for each job?
Instead of multiple files i need one single file for all the 17subjobs..
One Star

Sorry Image missing due to dimension size issue ..
Attaching the image one more time..

Hi,
You cannot make a "circle" in your job design. Please have a look at KB article TalendHelpCenter:Can I create a Job with multiple paths from a single source to the same target?
In addition, please refer to similar topic about
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.