How to deploy a web service on tomcat

One Star

How to deploy a web service on tomcat

Hi,
I'm new on Talend.
I congratulate you for the community.
I tried to create a web service that I would like to deploy on tomcat.
After creating the service I used the export procedure.
I can load the war on tomcat but when calling the page where the wsdl is exposed I realize that this does not reflect my service. It is completely different.
Example: My service expects in input two integers while in the wsdl exposed, I find an array of String.
Even changing the service, when the wsdl recreate the structure of the latter remains the same.
sorry for my english.
I hope I was clear.
I would be grateful if someone could help
One Star

Re: How to deploy a web service on tomcat

Hello,
Can you post a screenshot of your job?
-Did you create the job as an assignement of your wsdl or not?
-What is exact way you did export your job? To expose your job as wsdl defined, you should click on the icon of your service, select "export as a service" and export in .kar file
Then you should copy .kar fdile to Karaf runtime in deploy folder.
The service should be available in localhost:8040/services/Yourservice?wsdl
Regards
One Star

thanks for the reply
I had already done what you suggest ...
I created a job by an existing wsdl. I exported the service by creating the file. Kaf and deployed on Talend runtime.
Everything works perfectly.
Now my question is: Is it possible to use TOS to create a .war rather than a .kaf to deploy the web service under tomcat?
Thank you
Best Regards
One Star

Hello,
Did you manage to find a way of deploying your web service on Tomcat?
Thanks.
Julipool

Hi,
Now my question is: Is it possible to use TOS to create a .war rather than a .kaf to deploy the web service under tomcat?

So far, it is impossible to deploy talend web services in any third party containers like web sphere, web logic, tomcat etc..,as there is just .kar file when export talend web services.(You can deploy talend job in third party containers).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi,
Here are KB articles about TalendHelpCenterSmiley Very Happyeploying or exposing a job as a Web service and TalendHelpCenter:How to deploy a data service, hope it will be helpful.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.