One Star

How to debug the TOracleSCD component

Hi,
I'm having a data issue when using the TOracleSCD component and I would like to see the actual statements being submitted to the database? I enabled DEBUG mode on the component...however I'm not able to get the information I need. Is it possible to see the insert or update statements that Talend is executing against the database?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Chris
3 REPLIES

Re: How to debug the TOracleSCD component

Hi,
There is a related SCD Component scenario SCD management methodologies, perhaps it will be useful for your job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I guess I should have clarified that my issue is actually a performance issue.
I was thinking it may be helpful to see what statements Talend is sending to the database...like you can do with TOracleOutput. Is there a way to do this?
Can I step through the SCD component row by row?
I've enabled memory saving mode and it does not seem to improve performance and I would like to verify that my table structure is optimal for the way Talend is updating (ie indexes, column order, etc)
Thanks,
Chris
One Star

Hello,
I'd like to push this.
Is there any way to log the executed queries of an SCD Component?
I get an ORA-01858 Error for example and without knowing which Query/Row raised this error I will never find the reason...
EDIT: I added a JIRA Issue for this need: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28636